At the Diamond Retailers Appreciation lunch at San Diego Comic Con, DC’s Bob Wayne thanked retailers for Batman Day’s success, and discussed lots of anniversaries coming up. More samplers are coming up for 1 dollar for readers, a Joker Mask …
Oh, man. I’m probably forgetting a bunch of them, but here are a few of my favorites:
- "Jesus told me to throw away this book."
- "You need to get rid of that biography of Lil Wayne because he’s in the Illuminati. He’s a satanist. They’re all satanists, you just have to look online and read about it. Let me tell you about it…"
- *hands me a copy of Lord John and the Private Matter* “I think you should know that this book has gay stuff in it.”
- "You’re leaving the library? Are you retiring? But you’re only, like, forty!!!!"
- [Redacted: Hideously racist comment about how to get “them Muslims” out of “the Iraq”. This was from a coworker.]
- "Can you help us print these pictures of the UFO we saw?" [It was definitely Venus.]
- "And then I said to my friend, I said, listen my ni…" *librarian death glare* "…inja turtle?"
- "Miss Sarah, you should be a mother by now."
- "I’m looking for a book that is kind of—" *pauses, covers young daughter’s ears* "—s-e-x-y?"
- "I’ll try to come back…someday.” [Said, very sadly, by a little boy who comes in every single week. Including the week after this statement.]
Wow! Incredible (but not in a good way). Thanks for sharing!
(Photo: NBC News)
If only the beetles had let it be…